Wednesday, 26 February 2014

A new beginning or just more of the same

I had originally created this blog as a class assignment, and I had every intension of leaving it to die a lonely death, one that I'm sure many... if not most blogs experience. Instead I have decided to use this space to write. See... I'm what you might call a terrible writer, so I have two major goals with this blog, one: to improve my writing skills... the more you do something the better you get... right? and two: to practice doing media critiques... by media of course I mean comic books, maybe the odd movie. Now I cannot do this alone, so I need you... yes YOU, to help me. I will as much as I can be writing  from a feminist perspective, what I ask of you is if I write something you disagree with, assuming anyone is reading this, I really, really, REALLY, want you call me out on it. I also need you to explain why you disagree. This will help me to see past my privileges and to remove "blind spots." Of course if you agree with me and think I'm brilliant feel free to rain down complements.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment